Events (races, guided runs, group coaching)
The following terms & conditions apply to all in-person events organised by Runaway Adventures Limited, including but not limited to races, guided runs and group coaching sessions.
Please read this page in full before registering for an event. If you do not agree with these policies then please do not enter.
The terms are split into the following four sections:
- Runner liability
- Terms of booking
- Event cancellation
- Runner responsibilities
1. Runner liability
Disclaimer of liability
Runaway Adventures Limited assumes absolutely no responsibility, including but not limited to injury or loss of any kind/form due to the use of information, or participating in activities found on this website.
By becoming the participant of a Runaway Adventures Limited event, you agree to the terms and conditions set out on this page.
By joining a Runaway Adventures Limited race:
I understand that during my participation in any Event or Activity organised by Runaway Adventures Limited, I may be exposed to risks that include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury and death ("Injuries and Damages").
I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY Runaway Adventures Limited, its organisers, event hosts and leaders from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, in any way connected with the Activity.
I further agree to hold harmless Runaway Adventures and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own negligence while a participant in the Activity. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the Activity.
If I bring guests to participate in the event I take full responsibility for the guests and agree to the above terms and conditions.
While participating in the group activities, your photo may be taken and posted on the Runaway Adventures website or social media by the event organiser.
2. Terms of booking
After booking, there is a 24 hour cooling period in which you can choose to cancel your entry and receive a full refund (minus a booking fee). This should be requested by completing this form.
All withdrawals must be submitted by completing this form.
If you choose to voluntarily withdraw from an event, the following refund policy will apply:
If you are withdrawing from a meetup, you may transfer to another date free of charge, providing this is requested more than 48 hours before the date.
Transfers and deferral
Due to the high demand for places, we will do not allow transfers or deferrals.
3. Event Cancellation
All events are non-refundable in the case of event cancellation by the organiser.
If the event can not take place due to adverse weather conditions, a public health emergency (e.g. COVID-19 restrictions) or other circumstances outside of our control, we shall not be liable to refund or pay compensation to runners and reserve the right to hold entry fees against costs incurred.
If an event is cancelled, we will always endeavour to provide an appropriate alternative.
4. Runner responsibilities
By participating in a Runaway Adventures event you accept that is it your own responsibility to keep yourself safe. This includes any hazards that you may encounter on the route, such as but not limited to, road crossings or livestock.
It is the runners own responsibility to navigate themselves around the course successfully, aided by our course markings.
Unless otherwise specified, it is a mandatory requirement for runners to carry a paper route map (provided by us) or have access to the route on their phone or watch.
All participants must have appropriate medical, travel and personal liability for the event. By entering the event you are confirming that you have or will have adequate insurance cover for the event.
Pre-existing medical conditions
You must disclose all medical conditions to race staff before the event. If you feel unwell or believe you are not fit enough to undertake the event, then you must not partake.
Any personal belongings left at the event site are done so at the participant's risk, this includes the bag-drop area.
Runners are required at all times to carry any mandatory kit specified by the event organiser. These items will be clearly set out in the race communication. The event organiser has the right to change this list at any time based on event day conditions.
Cut-off times will be communicated in the race-specific communication. If a runner misses a cut-off time they will be disqualified from the event.
Withdrawal (during the event)
If a runner chooses to withdraw during an event they must aim to do so at either the start/finish or at a checkpoint and alert the race staff before leaving. If the runner is unable to reach a checkpoint they must call the emergency event number to notify us. If medical assistance is required our first-aid team will be alerted.
- Upon successful payment, you will enter a 24 hour grace period. During this time you can request a full refund if you are unhappy with the service provided.
- After the 24 hour grace period no refunds will be issued.
- Your subscription will be active for 1 year after payment and will automatically renew upon expiry of this year.
- All your data are held securely and in accordance with GDPR regulation. To request deletion of your data, please email email@example.com
- Your data will never be shared with any other person or organisation.
- Runaway Adventures Limited take no responsibility to your safety whilst following any routes provided on this website.
- The routes on this website are provided as a guide only and we take no responsibility for any inaccuracies or hazards found along the route.
The following terms & conditions apply to purchases made via our online store, available at runawayadventures.com/store
- Orders will be despatched within 48 hours of being received to the address provided during purchase.
- Orders will be sent via Royal Mail 1st Class delivery.
- No refunds will be issued unless an item is faulty or damaged on arrival. If this is the case please email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing photographic evidence.
- If you would like to exchange an item of clothing for a different size, we are happy to do this providing you return the original item covering the postage costs of the replacement.
Keep up with the pace
Stay in the loop and subscribe to our email alerts, announcements and offers